Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Meeting In SEARO.


Participants of The HR Network Regional Meeting, New Delhi 23-25 May 2015.
Finally the day of the meeting. The bus was already waiting for us in front of the hotel. I saw some familiar faces and we introduced ourselves...there was Jose Barreto from WCO Dili, Mano from WCO Bangkok and Hafy from WCO Male. Others I could not match their names to the faces but in time I will. Once all participant are in the bus we headed to WHO SEARO Regional Office. I am excited and nervous at the same time....M, my coordinator seated next to me....

At the entrance of Regional Office. Security was quite tight.
Every participant knew each other. For most of them their attendance is an annual retreat. In 2014 we were represented by my colleague, Salyna, and in 2015, M and myself. This year? Hmmm I have no idea. It'll be good to go again and meet all the HR focal person from all country offices.

Inside of the conference room.
After lunch break Emmanuel sang us a love song. I understand he likes to sing karaoke.
Arun Ratnam on the left and Deepika Nag in orange clothes.
Emmanuel sang again to honor colleagues from WCO Katmandu who made it despite the recent earthquake disaster. From left is M, Anita and Dora.
Asif (WCO PyonYang), Mano (WCO Bangkok), Nand Kishore and Pankaj Saxena from Regional Office.
Each Country Office did their own presentation and there was a Q&A session. We discussed on recruitment, policies and improvements. We finished our presentation and it went well. I was so relief. M said I did a good job. I hope she meant it. Knowing her, she has told me once,"Don't worry, you do your presentation and if necessary i back you up. I am good at bull-shitting." Ok that was scary.....We went for a short tour inside the Regional Office and for 3 days lunch was in the cafeteria....yes, they have a cafeteria!

Whenever there's a short break in between meetings, the HR Focal person will start hovering over me following up on contracts and work related matters. I felt important at the time...hahaha. Then I got the chance to sit with Mr Nand Kishore or NK in his office and discussed a few cases which were pending as well as a recent revised policy.

Finally after meetings resume on the 2nd and 3rd day we get to go around and do a bit of shopping. Yay! The last night in New Delhi, I found and stopped at MacDonald's for a take away dinner. M and myself took the auto rickshaw back to the hotel. Quite a number of pictures went missing when my memory card was damage.

A cart pulled by a horse...on the middle of the road 8:30 a.m.
Around Sarojini Market
Still in Sarojini Market vicinity.
Hand crafted copper long neck tea pot. RM30. I was torn between this and another item but decided on the teapot because of the  intricate art work. 
A few sarees for Hari Raya attire.
At the end of the 3 day meeting each and every participant were given memento and it was a marble carved Taj Mahal....huhuhu.....M laugh and said, I am so sorry we didn't get to go to Taj Mahal but at least we have this.....". We burst into laughter.

Miniture Taj Mahal carved from marble. Nice....

No comments: