Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Hotel Lalit

Finally I arrived at the hotel. A petite young lady greeted me as I stepped out of the car. After welcoming me to the hotel she told me not to worry about my luggage, that it will be taken care off and sent to my room. I followed as she walked in into the hotel and straight to the elevator. She said,"I will take you directly to your room and I have a few papers for you to sign.."

Hotel Lalit
The hotel room was awesome. I wish I could have shared it with someone. It was big, spacious and really cool looking. I liked it a lot. This is going to become my house for the next few days. She explained to me about WiFi, terms of payment and daily free breakfast. I signed some paper and that was it...my check in was done....all in my room. She left and soon after my luggage arrived and I started to unpack.
1801 - corner and easy access to the elevator. 

Entrance on the right, closet and bathroom door opposite of each other. A see through bathroom. And the bed....all for myself...
View from inside of the bathroom.
The shower.
The tub (with shades closed).
After unpacking, WiFi access was available I sent messages back home. Everyone looks fine and my other half prepared lunch. Next, I decided to contact my Coordinator who flew in a day earlier. But first I need to feed my tummy and went to the coffee house to grab lunch. Saw the menu and obviously food are quite expensive. I flipped the menu and the cheapest and most decent meal I could eat was Indonesian Fried Rice and Mineral water. Had to be in India to order an Indonesian Fried Rice, hahh! After conversion from Rupees, my lunch cost me almost RM70.00..erk...gulp!!

Nasi Goreng Indonesia consist of fried rice, prawn crackers, 2 sticks of chicken satay, fried egg and pickle salad.
Next, 26th floor.....

Knocked on her door and she came out looking all  sick. She explained to me what happened and that she stayed in her room ever since she arrived the day before. She had the fever, flu and cough and really physically weak. I felt sorry for her and really pray that she will get better for the meeting on Monday. She asked about our trip to Taj Mahal.....with her condition she needed to know if I still want to go alone...I decided not to go because to pay USD275 for the trip was quite costly for me alone to bare. She said she will call a SEARO colleague and inform tomorrows trip to Taj Mahal is to be cancelled.....waaaaa....

There goes my Taj Mahal trip down the drain........perhaps next time.....if there will ever be.....

A little bit sad I decided to cheer myself and walked to the nearest Benggali market. I bought a few carton of juices, biscuits and snacks and walked back to the hotel....Stayed in the whole night and prepared myself instant noodle....hahaha....on and off I message the kids at home and see what they up too...and looked through some paperwork....

Maggie noodle in a cup! I brought from home....
Work station
Bed was comfy and I went to bed around 8:30 pm but would wake up around 1:00 am. And it took me a while to fall a sleep....

No comments: