Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Life is so Fragile!

I was torn in between either to update my blog or continue on with my current (work) project, Separation Pending List. Wooo hooo....thrilling. Sometimes you just need to be senile to accept such project! Then I was starring blankly on the lap top screen for sometime and layan saja my mind.....

Alright. I am all yours tonight....work can wait....at least one more day..................

30-Dec-2014, 7:15 am

Woke up late since I had an uncomfy stomach since last night...its the time of the month when 'P' is back .....Went downstairs to the kitchen, wind up the shades and opened up the window.....hmmmm nice......cool breeze swipe my face......boiled a pot of tea for breakfast. Chicken curry steamed bun on the stove.....I reached to my cheap mobile and start scrolling down my messages.....First thing that caught my eyes were 2 missed phone calls....who could it be?

Sheri......6:04 am,

and then....Mom....7:12 am.

then....it hit me.....something has happened.....I called Sheri but she didn't answer. Seconds later.....Sheri was on the line and I picked up,.....

Sheri : "Tried calling you, but tak dapat....I nak let you know, Acik dah passed away this morning.... We are going back to Ipoh."
Me : "I was not well since last night due to my 'P' so I woke up a little late. My phone was charged over night. Oh my,...innalillah......"
Sheri : "Dia orang akan kebumi lepas zohor."
Me : "Ok thanks, insya Allah we will be going back."

That is the reason I do not like receiving calls wee early in the morning.....there has never been good news,......yay! I passed my driver's permit...yee haw...! we would normally receive bad news at this hour of the day...always....

Went upstairs to the bedroom and composed myself to wake up and inform my other half the of news I'd just received. We hugged and I started to sob....

Acik was what we called him,....retired as a Major in the army. He is the youngest of 8 children on my dad's side of the family. He graduated from Royal Military Colleage and joined the Royal Armed Force since then....

To his nephew and nieces, he is Mr Cool. He was my favorite uncle amongst all. Yes,...because when I was 9 or 10 years old, he would bring us back loads of chocolates every time the comes out from thick jungle of Borneo for a short R & R. Yup, that's what he does, if he's not on R & R, he'll be in the jungle.....He would bring us back Kit Kat,  Cadbury.....I would follow him to Jaya Supermarket and Horizon Music shop was the first stop. He picked several cassettes, paid and left. Loves cartoon. He's funny. He would tell us jokes. All of us were about to throw up because of this human log, sitting in front of the tele, watching cartoons day in, day out for a week,.....when finally his R & R was up.......

.....he resembles very much that of my dad....

.....he introduced me to Carlos Santana......and..

......hardly 2 months ago we got the news that he has cancer in the lungs....stage 4.

I called Salyna and told her I need to take an emergency leave from work. Approved!

Dropped a message to Sheri and send a condolences message to Aunty Sarina, Acik's wife.  It was hard composing a message for some who just lost her husband....and that husband happens to be my Uncle. Tears rolled down my face...Shakiel happens to walk in and he came over to give his mommy a hug....I leaned against his shoulder.....mmmmm.......life is so fragile.....

After packing our emergency over night bag, we left and headed Ipoh.

Made 2 stops along the way when we reached Simpang Pulai. I text Sheri for any updates. She called and told me that alls over and he has been buried. What? I thought lepas zohor.....it seems the organizer request it is appropriate to bury him soonest. It was just a moment ago I was relenting the memories of Acik in my mind, the funny times and troubled times....and now the fact that I can't even see him for the last time...

I don't know. I don't know what am I feeling? I am angry and upset deep inside....I am angry at someone but who.....? ......4 internal monologues going on in me......so who is it? who is it to blame?....

Alhamdulillah, in spite all the above, I cherish the time we last spent on 17-Dec-2014 at Pantai Puteri Hospital Ipoh. Just came back from his radiotherapy treatment....thinner.....short of breath.....fragile. We were positive and telling him about our journey, the search for unique names of small towns in between Puchong and Parit, then tomorrow's adventure doing white water rafting.......but, you know.......when you have cancer.....at stage 4......(I am sorry I reserved my comments.) 


I decide let's just go to Acik's house. When we arrived we saw a few of our relatives standing and talking outside of the house. Beautiful house.....love it....at night you can see small planes land or take off... I walked about the house and saw his 3 cats in the cage, pokok ciku, pokok kedondong, some on-going extension on the premise .......sayu rasanya.....
1st Chemo treatment



After 1st chemo treatment.



Aunty Sarina said after the 2nd chemo, "Acik was still going strong. I think it's the steriod." PEACE.




Semoga Allah memcucuri rahmat ke atas Acik and tempatkan dia di kalangan orang yang beriman. Amin. Kalau jumpa Abah, sampaikan salam Shera pada dia........

Al-Fatihah.



No comments: