Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Assam Laksa at an Open House

A couple of Sundays ago, I was invited to my aunt's open house. Until I got there that I realized it was her grand daughter's birthday party.  She said its a good way to get our relatives together, God knows how long it has been since we met with each other.

It was a cosy event with the set up of several food booths around the guest tent. There was satay, rojak buah, fried char kuay teow, laksa, and dessert such as local kueh and ice kacang. Indeed I enjoyed it so much that I tasted each and every one of it. I was stuffed!!

So this is the laksa which was prepared for me. It was not that bad except kuahnya a bit cair but the laksa penang taste is there. I added extra petis or otak udang. Yum!
My cousin Jaji said it was too bad it was not served with an egg. I'm like, what? Oh no...no eggs please. But she said it is Negeri Sembilan's style. No way. Penang Assam Laksa does not come with telur rebus!


Shakira was in tears when the clown came by. She is afraid of clowns and balloons. That's my cousin Jaji in glasses.
Meanwhile Shakiel participated in the clown act. He had a great time.
Shakiel all wrapped as a mummy.
The birthday girl, Eva, with her parents Ratana and Frank.
Met my aunts, uncles and cousins and it was sad to say good bye because I know it will not be until next raya that we meet again. Insya Allah.

No comments: