Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha

It's a day of food and more food. What can I say. Syukur Alhamdulillah for the food we enjoyed on this special day.

Started the day at my sister's and she served the usual beef and chicken rendang. There were also lemang and nasi impit (pressed rice). It was filling since we did not have breakfast at home.We were there because I wanted to accompany my mom to Klang. Both my aunt and my grandmother reside in Klang.

I have an issue with my mom....whenever she comes down from Perak she will always stay at my sister's place. The last time she stayed at our house was in 2011 for one night before we left for our holiday to Penang. My sister didn't join us so mom was stuck with us. We invited her several time to sleep over at our house up to a point, it was not worth inviting anymore.  It's like, if you wanna come, just come la...my doors are always open for you. Of course I can't prepare the guest room with a television and astro for your private viewing, like at my sister's. We only have one television and Astro subscription of RM150 monthly in the tv area upstairs. This was purposely placed like that for so many reasons. That will discuss later.

Anyway we were talking about our raya celebration. From my sister's we left in two cars, mom's and mine, to my aunt's house in Ambang Botanic, Klang. The kids opted to ride with their Mima (grandmother - my mom). When we arrived there were more food. Lasagna, Spaghetti, garden salad, Rendang 3 rasa (consist of limpa, hati and paru lembu - cow's internal organs), nasi impit and later fried chicken arrived, cakes and other desserts. Phew! melantak la kerja nya. Saw my grandmother who is 92 years old. She was sound asleep. She has no terminal illness but due to her age and lost of appetite she is bedridden. She looks so frail and my aunt Inon takes really good care of her.
My grandmother.
We stayed until lunch and left for Ampang to visit my in laws. My father in-law was out of town but my 3 sister-in-laws were around. We were served with Tomato Rice, Sweet & Sour Chicken and baked Macaroni. Then relatives started to arrive and while enjoying the food most of us 'layan' The Voice on the television until 4:45 pm. Then we were invited to my other half's cousin open house and...what else? Makan again.

Laksa was served. Hmmm....but this is the not Penang Assam Laksa. Its the Malay version of laksa.
Some may enjoy this version. I took a try but it was a little bit salty but I finished mine anyway. One or two other relatives drizzle kicap pekat saying it tasted better. My preference will still be the authentic Penang Assam Laksa.

We left about 6 pm and on our way back to Puchong. That night Shakiel complaint of stomach-ache. Tu la, makan tak ingat dunia.....he said he ate lots of watermelon.

No comments: