Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Cyclethon and Mother's Pep Talk.

Wow what a day it has been for me.  I woke up early yesterday morning and prepared a simple breakfast for the kids. Cereal. Breakfast of the champions. So they say...

Woke up the kids and made sure they are dressed for school.

Yes, its Cyclethon Day. The kids have been looking forward for this day!

The kids hardly touched their breakfast. They were excited. Send them off to school and gave them a short pep talk. You know the talk....listen to instructions, focus, if you are not sure ask the teachers,...be careful and don't dirty your clothes,..on and on and on. Why do we mothers do that? Because as mothers, we think of everything....our head are loaded with information!

Shakiel entered the Most Beautiful Bicycle Competition. It was a hobby my other half picked up 2 years ago. He designed and built the bicycle. It is,...very unusual looking but as an individual he may have his creative side of looking at things. Initially a representative from the Cyclethon organizer approached my other half. They wanted to use the bicycle as a model for the art competition. Oh my, when I heard my heart sank. I wonder if they would allow Shakira to enter the drawing competition? She had been talking about entering the art competion this whole week. I mean its her father's bicycle. Don't you think it will create a conflict of interest? You see what I mean?....Alhamdulillah, God is great. We found out after the facelift my other half and Shakira did to the bicycle 2 days earlier, placed the unit in the Most Beautiful Bicycle Category instead. And yay, it won 2nd Place. Winners were determined by counting votes in a container placed in front of the bicycle.

The bicycle that my other half built.
2nd Prize.
As for the bicycle model, the organizer maintained the rustic classic look.
Bicycle model for the Art Competition Year 4-6.
Listening to instructions.
Focus and concentration.
Meanwhile, Shakiel had a lot of fun.
Finally, the finished product.
Winners were announced and Shakira won 2nd place in the Art Competition. Congratulations!!
Her first achievement in an art competition.
Alhamdulillah, so many accomplishments I see this week.

When people say, " Always listen to your mother aaahhh!" I smiled. Because the truth is mother's knows best.

No comments: