Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pandora Box.



This postcard was from my dad when he attended a special branch training in London. That year, 1981, also we saw Prince Charles wed the beautiful Lady Diana Spencer. Yes, I still keep this postcard in my Pandora Box.
Pandora Box
I have so much crap and history which has sentimental value in their own ways in the Pandora Box. I tell you, that I still keep my Disney world ticket when I was in Orlando, Florida, 1993. I still keep the air ticket and boarding pass when I visited my Aunt Aishah in Adelaide in 1987. Haaaa....terror kan? I have my favourite sun hat, bags and lots of paper bags, scrap book, magazines/books (mostly on the Kennedy's and Princess Diana-dated back 1990/1991), mementos of places I visited when I was studying in the States. I found my stamp album, oh yeah,....that's very, very old maybe from my secondary school days....hehehe....a few stamps which has double or triple the original value today....millionaire nanti tau!

But the postcard meant so much because my father is not the kind of guy who likes sending mail. I am pretty sure he had to squeeze his brains out of what to write on the postcard. Hahaha....Even on birthday cards, he would just signed and seal. I guess most men are like that kan....Lately I have been dreaming of him a lot in my sleep. It is as though he is a live. I missed my dad. Al fatihah....

No comments: