Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sports Day - Le grand Finale, Tug-of-war.








It was a hot Saturday afternoon as I walked to Shakiel's school for his Sports Day. We have been texting with each other on his up coming event, Tug of War or Tarik Tali. He reminded me to come to see him and I said let me know what time and I will be there.

Finally about 10:30 am he said the event will start about 11:30 am and I told, alright I will be there around 11:15 am.

After waiting for more than 1 hour finally we get to the final event of the day....never thought I really look forward for the tug of war event. During my school days, it was too boring and I'm already home by then....Pictures taken during le grand finale event....

Shakiel adjusting his track bottom...hehehe....
For the event, one team must win both rounds to be declared as winner. This is the first round where blue team lost to green team. 
However, blue team made a come back and won the 2nd round. They had to compete a 3rd round for the tie breaker. The winning moment was captured on the video at the top of this article.
Blue team - the Tug of War champs.  I sent both pictures ( the below included) to my mom and she replied, "Wow they are all like sumo wrestlers." 
Free style guys....click!

Congratulations Shakiel and Blue Team. There were no medals distributed among them, only a food hamper. We are very proud of you!

No comments: