Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Blast from the past # 7 - College Years

Last Tuesday I had to take an emergency leave giving way for my other half to drive my car to a training center in Bangi. He conducted a 2 day training. His car was at the workshop.

I was home without a car and nothing much to do. Was thinking of lunch and perhaps the kids and I can walk to the nearby restaurant for lunch, but only then I realized that my purse was in the car! Great! Now I am without money to eat out. Left it in the car after sending Shakira off to school this morning....

God must have worked in a mysterious way. I was watching a cooking program on TV and the chef, Nik Michael, showed how to prepare Aglio Olio. Ingredient was simple and I started to calculate in my mind if I have sufficient items to make one....What do you know.....I have enough to make not only Aglio Olio but a Carbonara as well....viola!

Not only I have spaghetti, I also have spiral pasta. I also found a bottle of unopened olive oil given to me by my sister a few months ago, a small container of peeled prawns (which later I sliced in to two) in the freezer, Domino's chili flakes, Italian parsley, and a can of Prego Carbonara in my pantry.
Had all ingredients ready and just waiting for the kids to get home for lunch. The chef gave good tips on cooking pasta and it work very well. I got the sauce in the right consistency. The kids enjoyed their Carbonara, and topped with grated Parmesan cheese....Alhamdulillah.

Anyway that was a whole lot of introduction.

Anyway, after the cooking program I flipped the TV channels and the movie Grease was on 702, and.....it made me laughed and remembered my 1st semester in college. We performed a sketch called "Mushroom Clouds" a spin off Grease at a farewell dinner for the 1st group from Sunway College who will leave for the States the following week. All of the songs we performed was from Grease and I did a solo of Sandy's, Hopelessly Devoted to You.....hahaha....see you didn't know....I could sing too....and sing well I might add, puhlezee.....hehehehe.....The story line was about 3 terrorists who hijacked an airplane.

The cast under the guidance of Julian Jayaseelan (middle). Standing from left to right - me, Dina, Idris, Rosli, Jennifer, Yvonne and Emery. Sitting in front - Janet, Nik and Farid.
We were just clowning around during final rehearsal at the Equatorial.
Me and Farid (please excuse the shinning stuff from my teeth....had my braces on 2 months earlier).
The moment of truth, Me in the denim jacket with fringes....playing a terrorist, hahaha
Singing Hopelessly Devoted To You .
Dancing to Grease Lightning.
Shots from the dinner itself.


It was a fun and a memorable time. How much I missed those years......

No comments: