Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Au Revoir New Delhi...Final posting

And came the day to go home...sad to leave but at the same time happy to go back to my family.

Last breakfast and bid good bye to new friends. Clockwise: The three ladies on the left are from WCO Dhaka, Mila (WCO Jakarta) and Hafy (WCO Male).
Angela Boey (WCO Yangon) and Jose Baretto (WCO Dili).
Goodbye white Ferrari....
Goodbye red Ferrari.
That morning I panicked because I can't shut my luggage. Tried sitting on it but it didn't work. I did not have an extra baggage and I started to take out one thing at a time until it finally close shut and locked....so what am I supposed to do the the rest of the stuff...? Panic button alert!!!Beep, beep....I had no option but to shove them in a paper bag and my computer bag. Maybe I should have bought a bigger bag.....well what's done is done.

Packing done and I am ready to check out. Paid my hotel bill which came about to USD600.00 for a 5 night stay including 2 meals I charged to the room. Met M and husband in the lobby and we took separate cars to the airport. M decided to walk around the duty free shops. She want to buy a shawl for her mother-in-law. By then I was quite tired from all the walking. Finally we were at the boarding area and waited until our 12:45 pm flight.

Alhamdulillah I'm home. But the flight was a hell sitting next to a lady and her toddler.The lady doesn't speak a single English word. It looks like she was travelling alone with her son. She showed in a baby bottle and when I asked her whether she wants hot water to prepare milk for the baby....she gave me a blank face....and I am not sure what am I supposed to do....she then put away the bottle. The only peace I had was when the baby slept 20 minutes just right before we landed....

After getting through Immigration and customs...there I saw my sister, Sheri and my two kids in the arrival hall. Nothing feels great to be home and sleeping in your own bed!

This year annual meeting will be held in Bangkok and some of the participant were expecting me to attend. I told them, no. GSC will be represented by both my supervisors this time...

No comments: