Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2015

At the Immigration.

It has been a long, long time that I travel alone abroad. It can be pretty bored. You try to strike conversation with stranger and you don't know if they are interested. The only reaction was to smile or mind my own business.

Recently an opportunity came up for me to travel to New Delhi, India. My coordinator asked if I were interested to attend an HR Network Meeting at our Regional Office in New Delhi. Well, I could not possibly to say no to Delhi. But first I had to renew my passport.

27 April 2015 (as posted in my Facebook but here is the extended version)

It was not a good start to my Monday morning....huhuhu....6:35 am Shakira was left behind by her transporter. So I had to send her to school. Then I rushed back because Shakiel was still in bed (had to leave him alone this morning...huhuhu...I had no choice....my other half has gone outstation) whom I need to get him ready for school.

After dropping Shakira off at school I rushed back and traffic started to build up by 6:50 am....arrived home, woke him up, he had his shower and dressed him and alhamdulillah off he goes to school. It was 7:15 am,...just in time.

Now I need to get myself ready to go to the Immigration Department at Taman Puchong Utama to queue for my passport renewal. I wouldn't be bothered renewing my passport if not for the India trip.
I left my house at 7:30 am and gosh!....more traffic as I exited my residential area.  Did not expect the congestion since I hadn't use this road this early for ages....I NEED to get early to the Immigration to collect my number.

It was the 8 am news on the radio when I parked my car.....and I can see that a long queue stretching from the entrance of the Immigration entrance all the way back 6 -7 shop lots.....hwwaaaa!!!I was informed earlier this branch only accept 110 application daily but I took my chances and waited in the queue. It was moving slow. I tried to peep those who walked out of the office hoping to see what number they are holding....63....74....81....92....so nervous. I prayed and prayed when I finally arrived at the Immigration counter. I was told the first applicant waited outside since 6:40 am this morning and here I feel a bit fortunate that today the Immigration Office is being generous to accept 120 passport applications. Finally I got my number,...112! I was asked to come back at 2:30 pm to submit my application.

So happy that I went to grab breakfast....roti canai and teh ais......Friend on Facebook asked why not go to Putrajaya to renew passport. I explained that I prefer where it is closer to my house...

The 1000 dollar question....110 application per day, that makes 550 a week. A month? 6 months? An average cost of each application for sarenewal or new application is RM300....so do your calculation. Why are there so many passport being issued? SO MANA GAWATNYA?

The curiosity in me said.....lets wait inside the office and see what happened to applicant no. 121....hehehe....

No comments: