Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

Wedding Invitation that went wrong...

A couple of years ago I was invited to a relative's wedding,...well the mother of the groom was my dad's cousin. Since he was her first born, it was such a grand wedding held at the TUDM Air Force base in Jalan Sg Besi.

Upon arrival we were overwhelm by the number of guest which was already there....fuyooo...ramainya....my estimation there could be more than a 1000 guest. There were about 50 dining tables in the banquet hall and dozens more outside under the tent.

Credit to lynndamya.blogspot.com.

We walked around to look for familiar faces and found  a few of my aunts and cousin under one of the tent next to the banquet hall. So we stood and chit-chat since we were not able to find any empty seats what else table. All were fully occupied. There were empty tables but without chairs, so how to seat? By that time I was getting pissed off...but I control myself for the sake of my mom and my 2 children. Obviously the groom parents were quite busy meeting and greeting their guests and did not display interest in making sure the relatives were seated or properly dined.

I moved on to look for something to eat. There were 3 food station outside and the queue was equally long. I decided, ok, sure why not stand in the queue...when it was about my turn they ran out of rice.....

Then I moved on to another buffet table but this time there was no clean plates. Yikes!

Finally at the last buffet table I manage to get whatever's left and brought for my mom and kids to eat. Not much but it'll do.

Then I got more pissed off when there was no clean glasses to drink. The waiter or server was way to busy but the are not refilling any food or drinks! I purposely picked up a few dirty glasses left on the table went to the dish washing area and washed the glasses myself while at the same time my mouth was cursing. When I am done I stood up and glared at the waiter who was standing close by.

After an hour we decided to go back but I was hungry like hell. I hadn't eaten anything! After dropping off my sister and mom in Subang Jaya, I headed home....but stopped by at a mamak stall to 'ta-pau' maggie goreng!

This I will never forget....pergi kenduri tapi tak dapat makan....may be not my day and bukan rezeki I....huhhuhu....

More to come on my adventures....stay tune.

No comments: