Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

Recognition Award

Yesterday was the staff townhall meeting attended by staff and WHO Representatives from all Regional Office. The guest of honor was our ADG. There were few familiar faces such as Mr Raul Thomas who is the WHO Rep from Brazzaville and of course John Kennedy now the DAF Director for SEARO. I was responsible for Mr Thomas reassignment from EMRO to AFRO whereas Mr Kennedy was once the Director of GSC. He was not a popular guy.

In the past I never even made any effort to attend our townhall meetings. Issues were raised, discussed but it was not a democratic decision. But this time I did after receiving a second e-mail asking that all staff to attend. With a heavy heart I did. A day before, Mustapha said maybe we should wear proper attire instead of our usual jeans and t-shirts just in case the ADG and other guest toured our department. So I did.

During the staff meeting, we were surprised that award was given out to the pioneer batch of GSC and myself included. Luckily what I had on was quite presentable when accepting the award.
Picture from my album.
All I can say, I have mixed feelings about the whole thing...bukan tak bersyukur. Memang bersyukur semua rezeki yg Allah berikan. My other half was very proud of my achievements. I think I am too...but why don't I feel elated? Most of my colleagues did not even discussed about the award. No one from GHR posted the award on their Facebook....even mine was returned back in the box after I snap 2 pictures of it.

Of course each and every of us have contributed and sacrificed our time and energy to build GSC as what it is today. That I cannot deny. Our contribution counts.

Only God knows why I am here and he knows how much I love what I am doing...I will pray that I am able to live to do what I love most at WHO.

To WHO GSC thank you for recognizing my dedicated service and loyalty.......do I sense bitterness?

No comments: