Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Engagement's Party

Hi.
I know...its been a while but I couldn't find the time to sit through a descent story. My mind is always filled with office work...in fact I am supposed to catch up with my work now...but the compliment I received from a work colleague this afternoon motivated me to write tonight. There are times I feel so inspired....thanks bro.

So, today a colleague walked up and told me that as of lately he has been following up my blog...Hahaha...I was embarrassed since there was no update since April. The story was there but updating in Facebook seems to be more faster, fun and entertaining.

Anyway, this weekend we will be attending a relative's wedding in Sungai Buaya, Rawang. It made me want to share this story of what happened to me at an engagement party. It was 13 Dec 2014 and the bride to be is the daughter of my neighbor.

Writer's personal picture.

I had my hair done at my local hair salon and spent RM45. All dressed with my children we walked next door to the engagement party. After sitting inside and listening to the elderly's conversation, the ring was put on the future bride and viola....!!! They were engaged. So there were picture sessions and I made my way out to the food area. Most tables were fully occupied. No one offered us a place to sit even though there were tables with only 2 guest. I spotted a few empty seats at another table and the lady sitting at the table just looked at me as though she was saying, "Hmmm...I wonder who can this be? Haven't seen her around..."and her eyes started to follow me.

Feeling pissed I finally found an empty table way out of the tent and next to a standing fan. Great! At least I will feel cooler sitting next to a fan. Than it drizzled a little. The sky was turning dark....Unbeknownst to me, it was the biggest mistake sitting next to the fan....my RM45.00 Jlo's hairdo now looks like Einstein's!! I keep on pressing my hair down...No wonder no one sat at the table!

On an off I had had bad experience when attending wedding engagements or private functions. The above in an instance.  I want to share another incident at a wedding I attended 2 years back in my next posting.

Take care.

No comments: