Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Tahlil for Abah

12-May-2014 genap 5 tahun Abah meninggal dunia. Frankly speaking I have not yet come to terms of his loss. I still feel he is around. When I thought of him, I will sedekah Al Fatihah; sometimes I smile and there are days where tears were my best mate. It still hurts whenever I think or talk about Abah.

It's been a while since I visited his grave, last being 2013 Raya. Ni dah nak masuk bulan puasa....

So today, my sister buat kenduri tahlil at her house. It was just for our side of the family and her in laws. At 11 am we read Yassin and also prayed for our children who will be sitting UPSR this year. Hopefully they will do well in their exams.

At 12 noon was lunch. A good spread which was mostly prepared by my sister.
We had steamed Otak-Otak, Salted Fish, Salted Eggs, Sambal Terasi, Sambal Kelapa, Mixed Vege, Spicy Squid, Fried Chicken, Gulai Lemak Cili Padi Daging Salai, Gulai Dalca with Salted Fish and Remunggai.
Love, love, love the food. It was my first attempt tasting Gulai Lemak Cili Padi Daging Salai.  I heard so much about it and was not so sure what am I supposed to expect; like, how thick/thin the beef slice should be? Is it how the original gulai lemak should taste? Ya da Ya da Ya da....banyak pulak soalkan? My sister's mother in law cakap yang buat sedap santan mesti freshly squeezed and bukan beli santan dah siap dalam packet kat kedai.....Being half Noghori I am embarrased to say I don't enjoy much of gulai lemak. Entahla I guess sebab after my mom's death, I grew up in Perak so I am more of a Perakian than a Noghori. Whatever it is, the lunch was awesome.

Dessert time I ate lots of ubi kayu rebus. Yang sedap tu cicah dengan kelapa parut and gula. Tried with the sambal ikan bilis but I didn't like it. Rasa pelik macam ada pahit-pahit sikit.  Tried the beef pie,...nope a turn off. Pastry was stale and isi sungguh kendekut....sorry ya beb....banyak complaint pulak. Dahlah makan free...In return I prepared my special pohpia goreng tapi tak sempat nak ambil gambar....huhuhu...

Ubi Kayu with sambal ikan bilis and kelap parut.
Shakiel received an early birthday presents since his birthday is just 2 days away. An Adidas wrist watch from his aunt and a bicycle from his Uncle. Yeap, he's been asking what I will give him for his birthday....and I have no idea lagi.

Tahlil selesai. Makan pun dah selesai. Perut kenyang. Apa lagi, tidur la....which I did..hahaha.

Abah, I can never have another dad like you.....Al Fatihah.



No comments: