Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Nachos

I made Nachos for snack twice last week. It's nothing new because I regularly prepare this dish. But lately  dah lama memendam rasa to go me-x(h)i-co. Dulu-dulu lepas clubbing mesti pergi TACO BELL. Their tag line is 'Run for the border'. Hahaha....then a pack of taco cost less than 99 cents.

Anyway, talking about nachos, TGIF serves a tasty nachos but kalau buat sendiri much more satisfying. Of course a serving of nachos will cost you between RM20-30 kalau dine in a fancy restaurant. But, by preparing them at home I can make 2-3 servings of nachos....so makan la sampai muntah....and the craving will hybernate for another 6-7 months. Muaahahaha....Internet ada, You Tube pun ada so cari la recipe kat situ.

Dengan semangat yang berkobar-kobar and cooked with lots of love,....the results were,

Chicken nachos with fresh salsa and guacamole (minus the sour  cream-don't like it. So I decided not to include it on my nachos)
Guacamole and Fresh Salsa
Everybody enjoyed it except for Shakira, who ate nachos minus the salsa and guacamole....huhuhu....

Later in the week I prepared beef Speghetti Bolognese. I learned to cook my first speghetti in 1986 from my mom.  Mom was a good cook, in fact she taught me to bake pizza all from scratch! Yup, we roll the dough, blended tomatoes and cook the tomatoes to make the sauce for the pizza base.
Tangan sendiri yang buat mestila sedap kan. Those days tak ada Pregos ya! I luv, luv, luv a good speghetti. Sometimes its a turn-off kalau speghetti rasa terlebih masam or terlebih Italian Herbs. I recommend try as much as to use fresh herbs rather than dried products. Dried herbs are so strong and at times the taste is too over powering and your pasta dish will be a disaster!. Kalau itu saja yang available, reduce quantity in your cooking.

Maaf ye, I am not a cooking expert. Did not go to any cooking class or school well, except for home economics in secondary school. Semuanya trial and error. Nothing in this world is cooked to the perfection. Except hunky Gordon Ramsey. Saw him cooked delicious scramble eggs! Sorry but was a perfect looking scramble eggs. Belum try tapi tips he gave will be usefull. Kalau rajin check out his video on You Tube. So don't try too very hard....most of all semangat mesti ada and ingredient cukup....Adios muchachos!

No comments: