Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

Surprised! Surprised!

A simplified version was posted on my face book this morning. This is the original version.
For the past few years I have been forgetting our wedding anniversary. Perhaps I had too much on my mind with heavy responsibility both at work and at home. 
Unlike previous years, this year I made a point to count the days toward our anniversary. About a month and a half ago, I bought a stainless steel tumbler from Starbucks which was going to be a wedding anniversary gift for my other half. He can make his coffee and carry it to work. I was so sure this time I will not be scrutinized from all corners. Purposely left the gift in my drawer at work as a daily reminder that our anniversary is coming up. 
Finally yesterday after work I brought it home. Cool! Later in the night, my other half had to go out and I can play out my plans. I made a small card with flowers and wrote happy 14th anniversary. I tied the card together with the gift then placed them on his dresser so that when he comes home sometime past midnight he would find the surprise gift. Yayyyy!!!!

This morning just before my other half left for work, I was still half a sleep. He wished me happy anniversary and a peck on my forehead. Then he added, "By the way it's 15 years ok and not 14!". Oh mannnn.........not again! That's why he's the one carrying a degree in Maths and statistics! Simple arithmetic....
Chicago-Fall 1991
To my other other half, happy anniversary! xoxo

No comments: