Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

It is just a flick of your finger!

At my age, I am what considered a newbee because I had my driver's license since 8 years ago.  Yup, I am again a late bloomer.  Back then, whenever people asked why don't I wanna get a driver's permit? I jokingly answered, "Well, I am meant to be driven around....hahaha". Leading to 2003, I never had any problems  getting around, there will always be somebody or someone to drive me around. I owned a car and paid the monthly installments but I don't drive. My parents never encouraged me to drive and would demotivate me to get driver's permit.  Their tag line was, "You want to learn how to drive, you pay for it". So I never felt the importance to have a driver's permit.  It is not fair that, other kids had their parents to pay for their driving lessons and I had to save up for a stupid piece of laminated card! Where I am staying, I can buy anything from groceries, food and other necessities. Even the company I work with provided door to door transport service to and back from work. I do not have to worry about transportation.

There is a story behind all of this, and I will get into it. But let me continue first where I left off.

Soon after Shakira was born, we decided to look around a place of our own. My dad raised his concern that Sec 14 PJ is no longer save or healthy for his grandchild to grow.....so we went looking around and found a nice  property in Puchong.  My dad willingly posted the 10% down payment.  Then it triggered how am I going to travel to work to Shah Alam from Puchong? Jeng, jeng, jeng........Until then, the stupid piece of card suddenly became the most important accessories I need to own.

I registered myself at a driving school next to Armada Hotel PJ, where Asiajaya used to be located.  After 3 months I got my driver's permit. The company I worked with decided to cancelled the pick up service and I drove to work! Everything fall in to places smoothly.

I cannot read your mind. So please use your signal light to tell me where you're going.
 Why the long winded road and  roundabout story?  I am not a 100% excellent driver. Yes, I do make mistakes along the way but why is it so difficult for drivers to signal when they are making a turn or stopping by the road side??? Your action may save lives.  I find that Malaysian drivers are selfish. They do not consider the safety of other people except theirs. How did they passed their theory exam at the driving school? Probably by memorizing the answers.

I paid RM750.00 for a 10 hour lesson so I wanna make sure my hard earn money benefit me in a good way.  I don't actually learn a lot at the driving school but I learn more from observing how people drive.  Just imagine my 2nd lesson, the instructor, En Mustaffa asked me to drive all the to Jalan Kuching and back to the driving school in a manual Perodua Kancil! I have never driven a manual before!  Luckily, I arrived at the driving academy in one piece.

I don't actually have a mentor. My dad, my husband are capable drivers and from time to time, yes, I don't actually approved of their driving. But who am I to say...so I became my own driver.  Whenever I have questions will asked an ex-colleague at work and what he thought still stick to my brain,....he said, "bila kau kat gear lima, kau mesti dah ada kat 50kmph."

When it comes to driving, I emphasis signalling in every possible way.  If you don't than what's the whole point of having a signal? It is just a flick of the finger.  Come on guys, make it a habit.  Be considerate to other drivers who are waiting for your message,....are you turning left or right?  We cannot read your mind!!




No comments: