Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Child Safety In Your Car

I was reading through my Facebook wall this morning and someone posted she had a minor accident and her daughter fell forward, hit the dashboard and then the hand gear. The baby cried and complaint of chest pain.  Mother took her daughter to the clinic but doctor confirmed there was no injury.  Lucky for her! or rather them! My impression is the child must have been standing in the passenger's front seat.

I am sorry but I always feel that parents have to be more responsible with kids in the car.  Situation like kids standing in the front seat or back seat and worst sitting on the driver's lap is unacceptable.  How could someone gamble with their children's life?  My husband and I always feel eerie whenever we come across drivers who act irresponsible. Once I saw a baby climbing all over her mother, while the mother was maneuvering the steering wheel at a traffic light. Why that mentality? I just do not understand.

Come on guys educate yourselves. Think about the safety of your kids.

 There are so many choices of car seat or booster seat available in the market.  Please invest on one. It can be passed down to your younger ones.

Yes, I am proud to say that my children were never allowed to do that. We were fortunate to be able to invest in a good quality car seat which lasted until our children were 36 months old.  From the day they were born we introduced them to baby carrier, to car seat then to seat belts.  These days soon as they get into the car,...click! they have their seat belts on.  It is a matter of educating them but parents need to be educated first.

It's never too late to start. Your children may hesitate and feel restless but over time they will get used to it. Jangan manjakan mereka and tiba2 rasa kesian sebab dia meragam and tak biasa duduk di dalam car seat. Train them macam juga kita train diri kita bila masuk kereta terus pakai seat belt. Tak susahkan?

What I am trying to express, please for parents out there, don't take your child's safety for granted.  We love our children so their safety in the car is A priority!

p/s : I wanted to respond to her post but I refrained myself from doing so. Some people cannot accept the truth. I have to live with that decision. Razak, please do not feel offended if you are reading this,  please, please invest in a car seat. No one considered advising your wife to take more precaution when driving with her kid in the car. Yes, alhamdulillah both selamat.







No comments: