Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 3 in Bandung.

Again I woken up to the voice or Normala....Well I ended up having conversation with her and Salyna while I am still under the covers and eyes closed.

This morning we had an unusual breakfast. It looks like nasi lemak but with a twist. The rice is yellow in color and the condiments were fried anchovy, fresh sliced cucumber, red sambal, sambal goreng tempe (pressed soy bean), whole hard boiled egg in chilli gravy. Not bad...and I very much enjoyed the sambal goreng tempe.
Today's destination was Paris Van Java on Sukajadi Road. Such a unique name. What I understood that Paris Van Java is the nickname for Bandung because the third largest city in Indonesia, and also the capital city of West Java, once had luxurious hotels, restaurants, cafes and European boutiques. There were similarities between the two cities, I don't know, perhaps, since I haven't been to Paris. Then, the European, majority were tea plantation owners, turned Bandung into a resort city as their entertainment outlet. Bandung has beautiful weather and it is cool compare to other cities in Indonesia. When it rained, the temperature dropped as though you are in Genting Highlands!

We arrived 15 minute before the Mall opened. This factory Outlet has 4 levels; first floor, ground floor, upper ground floor and underground. I like this mall a lot. I just do. Some of the popular retailers worth mentioning included Zara, Marks & Spencer, SOGO, Carrefour, Batik Kris, Charles & Keith, Aigner, Barbie, Oshkosh, and not to forget a whole stretch of cafe and restaurants. The restaurants are mostly located along the mall's main entrance. MU Restaurant, Sushi, Malaysian, Chinese, Italian and Thai cuisine, KFC, as well as several local restaurants offering their specialty.

Salyna and myself stopped at Pendopo Anjani. Various selection of batik sarongs and materials, shirts for all ages, and t-shirts you can chose. I found nice wooden made fridge magnet with traditional designs, that I bought as souvenirs for my colleague at work. A part from that I got 2 kids t-shirt which has a very unique patch work.

While I was waiting for Salyna, next door was a bookstore called Gramedia. I just love bookstores. The display glass window was covered all over with ' Ning ' a novel by Niken-Anjar, a local author, which I presume is the current best seller. I picked up one and read the introduction. Interesting. It is based on a true story of a dancer's life....sure why not. I am a sucker for autobiography's and fiction. So I paid RPH49000 for a piece.
Then we stopped at Marks & Spencer where I bought a few pairs of pants, under garments and my personal favorite a cashmilon wrap. I have been looking for something different or rather unusual wrap. Well that's me, I want to be different and outstanding...hehehe.....I had second and in fact 3rd thoughts,...but I grabbed and paid for it.

I bought a few CDs at Duta Suara Musik; Tompi, Maliq n d'Essentials, Melly Goeslow and Various Artist.

Next I stopped at SOGO and purchased my all time favourite perfume, Champs Elysees by Guerlain. And of course, a stop at Batik Keris Boutique is a must for me. I was happy and satisfied with my shopping spree.

Later Salyna and myself met Normala having lunch by herself at KFC. She was tired of following her sister around. She needs her carbo. She has diabetes. While Normla was enjoying her chicken burger, after a short discussion, we decided to proceed and have lunch at a Suan Thai Restaurant. We called Kak Ani and she caught up with us. Normala (left) and her sister, Kak Ani (Datin Ani)
Normala and Kak Ani had Mee Ladna. Presentation - exquisite. Taste - Impeccable. Salyna and myself had white rice, grilled pandan chicken, ulam (mixed raw salad) with sambal belacan (pound prawn paste and chilli), of course, what's a Thai Restaurant without YOM YAM GUNG.
After our late lunch, we resume to Pasar Baru for last minute shopping. We arrived an hour before closing time. We made in time to shop and left for Kartika Sari. Kartika Sari is a popular bakery with several boutiques on the first floor.

We scraped our plan to go to Kampung Daun-a tea plantation with scenic view- for dinner. We were too tired and instead had dinner at Kartika Sari. I had Batagor and ordered spaghetti bologna for take out, just in case I get hungry later at night.

We arrived Rumah Ebo, and started to pack most of our stuff into our luggage. Half an hour later our masseuse arrived.

Before I call it a night, a must, a call back home.

1 comment:

~MaMa RX SToRYMoRY~ said...

Pre order bagelen @ brownies kartika sari dan amanda fresh from bandung.
Whatsapp ina 0192633431