Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 2 in Bandung.

Breakfast was laid and we self served. Menu of the day were Toast accompanied by margarine and strawberry jam and also a local version of Chinese fried rice.

Sharp 10 pm, Mas Didi faithfully waited, smiled and greeted us. He already knew where we wanted to be that morning. Our destination was Pasar Baru (New Market). Here, you can walk up all 7 floors. That is if you have the energy to do so. Salyna and myself covered at lest 5 floors. Our rented car throughout our stay in Bandung.

Pasar Baru Trade Center, or just Pasar Baru is very popular with tourist (especially Malaysian...hahaha). Its true. Many Malaysian shop here. You can get clothing and curtain materials by the meters, Batik designs, Muslim clothing, handbag, shoes and ready made clothes. I bought several material for this years Raya clothing, just as I did last year. Material sold her are of good quality and reasonable priced. This years theme will be Batik prints. Bought caftan for my mom, Batik shirts for hubby and Shakiel. Salyna shopped quite a lot here.

We walked. We stop. We shop....then the same routine all over again. Yeah, it was tiring. I got what I came for and ready to move on. It was not until 3:30 pm, we left Pasar Baru for Toko Tiga Jeans located on Jalan A. Yani. Levi, Wrangler, Louis, pick your choice. I bought 2 cool T-shirt.

After Toko Tiga Jeans we headed to Rumah Mode (House of Mode). Rumah Mode is situated at Jalan Setiabudi. Yes this place, I like! This factory outlet has its own mini restaurant and for the first time I tried Batagor. If you go to Bandung, you will find some places selling this specialty. And you've got to try it! Batagor is a famous snack from Bandung. It is made from white tofu fill with meatball mixture from Mackerel or sometimes Chicken or Prawn, then fried in deep pan and served with peanut sauce, sweet soy sauce and sprinkled with lime juice.

After our late lunch and snack, we looked around and shopped. Found several nice pants and t-shirt for the kids.

We summed up the night with KFC takeaway....well, what can I say, KFC without mashed potato and coleslaw in not KFC. I settled for a twister instead, but later I realized it is 50% smaller than what KFC Malaysia offered.

Arrived Rumah Ebo,I took my shower and made phone call back home. Spoke to hubby, Shakira and Shakiel. Then I crawl into bed.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................

No comments: