Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Freddie

I got myself a notebook or rather a lap top. Wonder why this mini version of desktop PC is referred as notebook. It's not a book and it is not a note. Hmmmm....laptop does makes a little sense,...a mini computer sitting on the top of your lap!

It has been a back and forth decision to either purchase a tablet PC or the latest sensation,...iPAD. I would probably sleep with it. I just could not decide.

My hubby gave several pointers on what do you want your computer do for you. He suggested I read more on what 'type' I want, read forums on the net,and then be able to come up with a decision. It's good to know what you are buying. I respect his opinion. But, I am not the type of person who would go to the full length in doing a research. When I want something and when I am not able to hold on to my patience, I am just going to buy it.

After all that twist and turn and more round-a-bouts, I made a shocking decision....jeng..jeng..jeng...Instead, I bought a laptop. I forgo the agony and desire to purchase an ipad. After much thought, I find that a laptop is much more suitable to my needs. Oooo how I want an ipad,...badly!

What are my needs?

1) Want to update my blog on regular basis. Recently I saw Julie vs Julia on HBO. Such an interesting movie. By the way, Merryl Srteep, you were just superb. That gave me an idea to find ways ...or rather an excuse....to get myself a laptop.

2) I want to be able to type at my own pace and wherever I am: in bed mostly. Sitting in bed with covers up to my waist. In a reclining position. Cool air seeping out through the air condition. Kids in bed. Hubby downstairs deep into his computer games. Quiet............Yup...but its not going to happen, yet.

3)I want to listen to the music while I'm in my deep thoughts, emotions and wild imagination.

4) I wanna upload pictures which left behind so many memories I can't ever imagine.

5) More privacy especially from the kids...I need to compete turn using the desktop PC we have downstairs. Shakira wants to watch you tube. Shakiel wants to play computer games.

I could go on and on and on...but I think, 5 reasons are good enough.

Then out of the blue, the name FREDDIE just popped out of my head! Well, what the heck, I am gonna call my new laptop,....FREDDIE.

FREDDIE and I are still at the initial stage of getting to know each other.

ASUS Eee PC

No comments: