Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Football vs Soccer

I am not much of a soccer, or widely referred to as football fan. Ahhh! British slang, American slang...whatever. Soccer is more synonym to Americans since they have their own version of football, which is the American Football. American Football is a milder version of rugby. Safety is top priority compared to rugby. I have seen how tough rugby players on the field. Safety is not a concern, in my point of view. Once this guy from team COBRA injured and bled. He ran to the sideline and medic cleaned up the blood dripping down his forehead. Instant decision made,...sew the cut right there and then!...EEEEWWWWW. Wamp Bamp...he's back in the game!

Well, Malaysians adopted the English Premier League or EPL long ago. And as far as I can remember, while I was growing up in the 70s-80s, I watch players like George Best, Ian Rush, Kevin Keegan, Bobby Robson and Kenny Daglish, mostly in SHOOT magazines. Those days we do not get live coverage like what we enjoy today. But it was enough to get my vote on George Best as the most sexiest player then. Hehehehee.

SO in my house, WE support LIVERPOOL. My hubby has been a die hard fan since his school days. And what better way for us to bond than support his favorite team.

Anyway, recently my friend Rafizan spent his holidays in the UK. He was in Manchester visiting his relative. Fortunate for me, he was willing to travel to Liverpool, to purchase the following items I requested.

Polo T-Shirt for Shakira.
Polo T-Shirt for hubby.
Liverpool 'Home' Uniform for Shakiel.
Training jacket for Shakiel.
A bag for Shakira.
Training kit for Shakiel. It consist of bag, ball, water container and markers.

Do not ask me how much I spent but it was worth every penny of it. To see those smiling faces as they received their gifts is a gift for me itself.

No comments: