Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Laksa for open house






I was surprised that my sister requested I prepare 'kuah assam laksa' for her open house. Just the kuah she said, the rest she will prepare herself. She said she will even pay for it......

It's not all about being paid but frankly speaking I was a bit lazy to cook. Seriously memang malas masak sejak akhir2 ni. Damn lazy........but for her sake I agreed.

Unfortunately it turn out that her open house happened to fall on the same day with my FIL's open house in Ampang. They served 2 whole roasted lamb, I heard. In order to be fair, I suggested we split into two; the girls will go to Sheri's house and the guys will go to Ampang. And that's what we did. Anyway I had to go to Sheri's since I prepared the assam laksa and my mom was still in town.

Saturday morning I went around looking for the laksa ingredients. Got everything I need except bunga kantan. OMG susahnya nak dapatkan bunga kantan. A few of my local grocer cakap they do not want to get them from pasar borong because of the skinny size and it was costly at RM4.00 to RM4.50 a piece. Wow!

Tak boleh jadi, bunga kantan is a must when you prepare assam laksa. Pasaraya Millinium was my last stop because kalau tak ada kat sini memang I will cook without bunga kantan. I do not want to waste time driving all the way to TESCO looking for it. It is a waste of time and will delay my cooking time. Tapi kalau niat kita baik memang Tuhan tu tunjukkan kepada kita. Alhamdulillah walaupun kurus keding I beli jugak at Millinium. Price was steep RM3.90 a piece and I grabbed the last 2 pieces on the rack. I went around to the butcher's section and asked if they have more,....no they don't. It's ok at least I dah dapat 2 pieces.

 Bunga Kantan or Ginger Torch

Aisey,...then I was short of cash pulak and was only able to pay for one piece. Desperate time requires desperate measures. I told the cashier I will pay for one piece and please hold on to the other. I need to go back and get some cash and will be back in 15 minutes time. As promised I returned to pay for the second piece of bunga kantan.

Once home, I get started on the assam laksa and by 12:30 pm I am done. Later in the evening Miss Cockroach and I left for Sheri's house.

Makan-makan time started and the assam laksa was a hit. Praise after praise and it made me blushed....hihihi...Obviously they enjoyed every spoon full of my assam laksa!










No comments: