Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Have a Safe Trip!

So raya akan menjelma 2 hari lagi. Rata-rata about 1 million people will be on the road at one time. Ramai yang sudah start their journey balik kampung since last night. Jadi berhati-hati di jalan raya. Banyakkan berzikir supaya perjalanan anda selamat.

Credit Google Images

Tahun ini seperti tahun-tahun yang lalu, destinasi perjalanan kami same je. Tak ada apa yang menarik. Dah tua-tua ni its more like a kewajipan rather than enjoyment. My feelings towards raya this year? Macam hari-hari biasa saja. Cuma pakai baju kurung baru yang hanya di tempah setahun sekali. So you can imagine berapa helai baju kurung I ada dalam closet! I am not a baju kurung person. 

Anyway, this year my sister will be back early to kampung and mom plans to prepare soto. Hmmm....dalam hati I, ish macam tak best je?....I hesitated but she's d boss.....Sheri said she will also prepare nasi arab with ayam masak merah and jelatah (consist of sliced bawang, pineapple and cucumber in white vinegar). Okay....so what's my contribution? Happy to say, I made my mini fruit tarts. It wasn't much. First come first serve basis.....all 80 pieces, habis.....M E L E T O P !!! Looks like this.


I practiced once, a week before Raya and on Raya day I presented my creation. Cute kan?

1st Raya went smoothly. After Raya prayers we all went to my dad's grave. After reciting surah Yassin, we return home to accept guests mainly consist of my late father's side of the family. By late noon we were all beat up  and took a nap. Nasib baik tak ada orang datang because it would be embarrassing to entertain guest half awake.

2nd Raya we were off to Klang to my Mak Lang's house. Getting pass the security guard at her housing complex was such an arduous task. I've said it once and I'll say it again, rumah perdana menteri pun tak susah nak masuk macam ni. Sorry but dekat 15 minutes waiting for the guards to verify information before providing us with a pass card to get in. Agaknya banyak menteri-menteri kot yang tinggal kat sini....Mulut tak ada lesen. Anyways, it has always been this way with my parents. Kami akan beraya di Parit dulu and 2nd raya baru balik Klang. When we arrived, lunch was served and we were stuffed. Nenek is still the same but alhamdulillah she still recognizes us.

This year we did not make it to Port Dickson and Melaka so we decided to go back home to Puchong. It was tiring and relieve I get to sleep in my own bed.

So that was my Raya. Nothing special just ordinary plain Jane.

No comments: