Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

French Class

credit to digitalcurrencyworld.com
 How I could not missed this apportunity to learn a third language....I was among 9 selected from a lucky draw in HR Dept. to attend French language class. Sounds such a big deal isn't it? If you know the history of GSC as much as I have,.....yes, this is a big of a DEAL!!

Just imagine how much kalau belajar at Alliance Franciase? My head was playing Mind Your Language, the one time popular comedy sitcom how working class foreigners learned English language. Ha Ha Ha...... sure bring back memories of Mr Brown and his students.... so I took up this challange on myself to learn French language, some said the most sexy language in the world. Sepinggan orang bagi, sedulang saya tadahkan.....anyway, it is all paid for by the organization. How can I not want it?

My teacher is from Alliance Francaise (AFKL) and his name is Arnaud. He is French. He's ok but doesn't speak much English so we had to make do understanding with his broken English. You can check out AFKL website....his name is there but no picture yet. Typical french guy who is very proud of his language...cute? Tak de lah...ok je....pendek, glasses for reading and sometimes funny.

Where I work apart from English language, French is also a working language. I deal with lots of countries in Europe and Africa on daily basis where majority speaks French. E-mail sometimes came in french and by far Google Translate does help a little.
I attended 4 french classes so far and I can read 1-10 and the 26 alphabets in french. I can now reply back some of the usual greeting salutations.  Luckily I have Mustapha. He is an Algerian whose mother tongue is French and Arabic. He is my second french teacher. I made him as my reference on things I don't understand when in class. At least his English is way far better than Arnaud. The best thing so far I learned that all words in french language is feminine/masculine (female and male) and formal/informal. Wow! For example YOU.....in french is either 'tu' or 'vous'. 'Tu' is informal and used when you are know somebody really well, whereas 'vous' is used more formal, like if you met someone for the first time.  Wrongly used it can shows disrespect. 

Well, I am still crawling. I will make the best of it.......Bonne Nuit.

No comments: