Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Doctor Zulkifli

I recalled conversation I had months ago with a doctor at my local clinic.

One Saturday morning, I woke up and noticed that my upper neck was swollen. I kept on interpreting the reason behind why it happened. So many things went through my mind and the first I thought off was a growth. OMG could it be cancerous?

I decided not to delay and paid Doctor Zulkifli of Klinik Hafiz a visit.

Credit to Google Images and Cartoonstock.com

Doctor Zul, is a tall, heavy built dark gentleman. First impression, Shrek,..opsss but instead I find him to be kindhearted, understanding and gentle. Soon as I arrived, I was his first patient for the morning. He greeted me and I was called to his consultation room. I explained my conditions and he checked. He said there was nothing to worry and it was not a growth. I was a bit relief ....I mean coming from a doctor....then I should be alright. Right? It was my saliva glands that were swollen.

He prescibed antibiotics and wrote down his report in my chart booklet. By the way, he has the most beautiful hand writting, yup round and cursive, hmmmm must be a very neat person....

Anyway, I explained to him I have been a smoker for more than 20 years and I was afraid that I found cancer today. He laughed and said he too, a smoker. I am a doctor you know. Many instances when someone stopped smoking, he/she will get a different kind of shock. Our body may not able to take the change. Cancer or not. If our time comes, it will come. Then I added I am trying to reduce my daily cigarette in take. He laughed again and encouraged me to do that but caution me to take it slow.

We chit chatted for a while, paid for my medicines and left. 

So how am I doing with my effort to stop smoking, today? At the scale 1 to 10, I give myself a 7. Nobody said it was a piece of cake.

No comments: