Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It's Halloween.

Kumon Taman Putra Perdana is doing Halloween Party tonight!

For the past one month, the kids have been badgering me of their Halloween costume.  A Halloween costume party will be organized by their Kumon Center. Shakira knew what she wanted to be, a Grim Reaper, while Shakiel wanted to be soldier. But we scrap the idea of dressing him as a soldier because we do not want to spend excessively on the costume. Just dressed what we can dig through from our closet. After much negotiation, Shakiel agreed to become Merlin.

In our culture we do not celebrate Halloween. In the point of view of religious guru it is forbidden since it has close tie with Christianity. But, this is my point of view only, as long as its not a believe and practice, I do not see it as wrong. My kids should experience fun things in live as they grow up. Observe the good and bad and how other culture preserve their identity. If they can do it, we can too in our own culture.  They learn new things everyday and entertaining to their 1001 questions is one hell of a job. A month ago they want to know what's Halloween, so tonight I allow them to be apart of it. We do not celebrate Halloween but just for the sake of the costume party spirit, I told the kids, "Go, go and have fun. Its okay. It's just a costume party!"   Then they can make their own judgement. I am not perfect but I educate my children the way I feel is right for their mind development that can make they want to learn more and more.

The cost of transforming Shakira into a Grim Reaper, less than RM5.00 for the face mask.

Spent less than RM10 on the hat and RM5 on paper mache for the Merlin hat.


No comments: