Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Diarrhea

When it comes to Hari Raya, the most feared thing is getting diarrhea. This year it hit me and my hubby. We had body aches and all our muscles are strained. Shakiel had a slight fever and he is fast asleep after crunching 2 tables of kids panadol. I hope he will be okay by tomorrow.

Since 6:30 am this morning, I have been to the toilet 4 times due to diarrhea. May tomorrow bring a better and brighter day.

I found a surprising information in Wiki. I quote,

"Diarrhoea, is the condition of having three or more loose or liquid bowel movements per day. It is a common cause of death in developing countries and the second most common cause of infant deaths worldwide. The loss of fluids through diarrhea can cause dehydration and electrolyte imbalances. In 2009 diarrhea was estimated to have caused 1.1 million deaths in people aged 5 and over and 1.5 million deaths in children under the age of 5. Oral rehydration salts and zinc tablets are the treatment of choice and have been estimated to have saved 50 million children in the past 25 years."


No comments: