Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Liverpool in Malaysia.

Friendly match between Liverpool and Malaysian Tigers. All tickets were sold out!!! But it is an opportunity of a life time not to miss them. After much thought,I decided to surprise my hubby (Liverpool's #1 Fan), two tickets as a Father Day's gift.


Shakiel's excitement fell short after his intention of wearing Malaysian jersey was not to the liking of his dad. I would understand....I mean hubby has been supporting Liverpool all this life and he also expect his son to do the same, too. To watch Liverpool playing Malaysia is a rare opportunity (you never know when they'll come again!)and the time you show your dying support. On the other hand, Shakiel decided to wear his Malaysian jersey. Come on Shakiel, where's that team spirit? Hubby said, "If you wanna go to the game, you better sit far away from me!". Shakiel said it is okay if he is not allowed to go at all to the game without wearing his Malaysian jersey.

I helped to talked him into wearing his Liverpool jersey. But he asked me, "Mummy, why ayah (dad) insist on supporting Liverpool and not Malaysia?" he continued, "We live in Malaysia so we should support Malaysia!". Well, I find it difficult to explain to him how much Liverpool has been in his dad's so call blood. And coming from a seven year old boy, we should be embarrassed. Shakiel you are right, we should support Malaysia.

Finally they day arrived. Liverpool 6, Malaysia 3. But to me, it was Shakiel who came out as the true winner,...proud in his Malaysian jersey!


So off they went to the game.

No comments: