Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fly me to the moon.

Another of my favorite song is FLY ME TO THE MOON by Frank Sinatra. It's an oldies and I first heard it about 15 years back...I think. It regularly played in the movie called ONCE AROUND and among the main character in it was Holly Hunter and Richard Dreyfuss. It was like love at first sight with the song. I love the part when Danny Aiello sang this song at his daughter's (Holly Hunter)wedding.

Once Around is a 1991 romantic comedy/drama film about a young woman who falls for and eventually marries a wealthy and an overbearing older man who proceeds to rub her close-knit family the wrong way.

Here are the lyrics.

Fly me to the moon
Let me sing among those stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby kiss me

Fill my heart with song
Let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore

In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you

No comments: