Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Personal Time

Why no posting? It me just plain laziness.

So here goes.....

It is part of my annual routine, I took a short break from work since new year until the the 9th of January. It was a deserving break. Kids are back in school and its time for adjusting since both kids are in the morning session this year. Shakiel, who has been in the afternoon session for the last 3 years find it a bit difficult getting up in the morning. And Shakira, well, she was excited to see her friends again. As a mom, it is more for myself adapting to changes in daily routine. Time is precious and my timing need to be 'spot-on'.

There were days I prepared lunch and occasionally I 'ta-pau'. Once when we are done with lunch, it's My Kitchen Rules' time. It's an Australian cooking program quite similar to Master chef but with more challenging elimination rounds. During this time, I thought about office work but buried it at the back of my head. Did not even bother to update my blog or Facebook. Cutikan? So cuti from everything.  I also spent reading an autobiography of Angelina Jolie, written by Andrew Morton. Hot Stuff!

The other day I watched Jo Frost : Extreme Parental Guidance. It was an episode where a 6 six year old girl who refuses to sleep in her own bed, in a room she shared with her younger sister. She wants to sleep with her mom every night. Jo Frost, one time British nanny was called to the rescue. She will weight the problems, advise parents and exploring the truth behind issues in kid's lives. She practices the 'time-out' session for disobedient and explaining why time out is given. How long is a time-out? Depending the age of the kids. If the kid is 6 years old, than it's six minutes. At one point the little girl had to be carried back to her own room by her mother for 98 times that first night with the notion, 'No, you sleep in YOUR room'. Finally, after 3 hours, the daughter was too tired and decided she'll sleep right in front of her mother's room! Progress. After a week, Jojo (she is rather popular by that name) dropped by to check out on things. The little girl now, sleeps in her own room. Of course its not a one day exercise, its recurring until the little girl gets the whole point of it.


Than, I watched Master chef Australia:The Professionals,....oooo, alright jugak. Among of the contestants are personal chefs, head chefs, and sous chefs. They are more mature than the amateurs because there's no cheap drama. Professionals la kata kan. Supporting and encouraging each other and no hard feelings.

Yup,..yup,..yup,..once upon a time, I was a couch potato!
Credit to Google and ndiadhou.wordpress

No comments: