Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

How to communicate mah,....

 
Credit to funnyjunk.com and Google search
 
 How unfortunate for someone who studied communications fail to make full use of that skills.

It is easy to say that, " We need to communicate with each other." But do they understand what it is about?

Some think it refers to equipment like phones, radios, etc. but I am talking more about human communications. In my opinion communication consist of half talking, while the other half is listening and making an effort to understand.  When we communicate well with people around us, we are able to better understand what they expect of us and what we want in return. Especially the people we live with.

In personal relationships, I find it difficult to express my feelings and expectations clearly. I think a lot of people from my race experienced the same thing. My father was like that, his father was like that as well, and now it looks like I am following their footsteps. I have the notion that people will misinterpret my action/response. I have to rearrange and rephrase again and again in my mind before I let words come out, out of my mouth. And when you have misunderstood something, this will cause doomsday! Most of us find some topics difficult to talk about. It makes us painful or feel uncomfortable. I, for one, find it difficult to express my emotions towards my other half. It is often the things that cannot be talked about that hurt the most. Of course giving them a chance to clarify what they actually meant will cause tense to myself because I have my own point but not given equal opportunity to lay my own defence.
 
I communicate a lot at work and my mind is tired, really tired after a full day's work and I would like to keep it simple when I am home. My other half said that we need to communicate more.....but how? I say what I think, and yet I still feel that I am at fault. He said that I need to step at the same level as he is.

Patience also plays a part, if you know what I mean. I've never understood the word patience until I finally got married. I used to have things done my way and then wham, bamm,.....ops sabar, sabar, and sabar. In any argument we had, I am always the cause and fault. The issue of my attitude was mainly the hot topic discussed. Well at least that is always how I feel because I am bad at arguments. And you know what I hate the most, when my words got twisted around. I am just too lazy to argue that is why I prefer to keep my mouth shut when at home.

Once in a while we have to look ourselves in the mirror and ask why is this happening? Why do I deserve to be treated this way. Doesn't anybody notice it? Oh ya....I am sorry, I forgot. Other person can't read another person's mind. I can but I tend to push it a side many times because I feel that I am not being appreciated. Things has to work both ways. I can't be doing all the work and yet getting blamed for it.

I may not be able to communicate verbally but I sure can express my feelings in writing. That is my communication skills. I guess there's no other to be blame except I, me and myself....hu..hu..hu...Do I want to change? Sure only if you are willing to listen!

No comments: