Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Shakira's Birthday

Birthdays are fun.  I was fortune to celebrate many of them when I was growing up.

Every year my (late) mom organized birthday party. Well most of the guest were my parents acquaintances who brought their kids to the party.  Then I had my cousins, my aunts, uncle, as well as grand parents there. My parents rented tables, chairs, see saw, swings, and slides and there will be games such as musical chairs and search for hidden treasure. It was awesome and lavishly organized.

I have in my keeps pictures of my (late) mother's birthday party.  It was so cool. Not so sure how old she was then. Might be in her teens. Her birthday cake looks more like a wedding cake. 2 tier,...hand crafted water melon basket.....woooo. They dance all night with their friends. You can see how she glowed. She is so beautiful. Yeah, all children will say that about their mom! Hahaha.....I have pictures I wanted to upload into my blog but my printer broke down. I will upload it soon as it is repaired.

But, when I had kids of my own, we settled for a simple yet memorable party or I rather call it a gathering. No point of over spending. Ustaz Zain will start with doa selamat (say grace) and thanked to God for all the kindness he bestowed upon all of us. Thank you Ustaz.

06-Jul-2012 - Shakira's 10th Birthday

It was small gathering at Shakira's religious class. She was soooo happy when she saw her birthday cake with Avril Lavigne on it. She is soooo into Avril. She once said, "Mommy, I know one French word, its Avril which means April!" Hahaha.... I prepared tuna sandwich, egg mayo sandwich, water melon, spring roll and bought 80 pieces of satay. Habis semua licin. We gave out cup cakes to our guests.


06-Jul-2011 - Shakira's 9th Birthday

This birthday party also at the same location happened last year.  At the time she was head over heels with Thinkerbell and posse. Unfortunately the cake wasn't what expected it to turn out.  I was disappointed with the end results. There was a tear on the edible image. Do not want to grumble about it. It was a last minute decision and I dealt with the consequences. Any how, Ustaz from Johan Academy was also generous enough to sponsor curry puff and samosa.

Happy Birthday Shakira.
Happy Birthday Shakira.
Jadi anak yang soleh.....

No comments: