Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

A New Addiction

There are times when we get hooked with a new TV drama or soap opera that you will go through all the hassle to search an online episode. That's what happened to me last week.

When I was in University 2 decades ago, I was hooked on Days of Our Lives. Into my second semester and semesters after that, I was smart and arranged all my classes so that it will not coincide with any of DOL episodes. "Like sand through the hour glass so are the days of our lives", that's the opening credit. Some of my favorite characters were Roman Brady, Marlena, Carly and Bo Brady....Did you know that DOL first went on air in 1965? If my memory serves me right it was on NBC 1-2 pm, 5 days a week. Miss Karen Seeley, you are responsible injecting this addiction in me.

Currently, there is a new Malay TV drama series airing on Astro Mustika HD Channel 134. It was kindda disappointing that you need to subscribe to that particular package in order to view it. Then what's the whole point of subscribing to Astro Beyond when you can't benefit from all the HD channels? Duh?!?

The book turned into TV drama consist of 80 episodes has been on air for the last 2 weeks. I wasn't  interested but after watching the 11 minutes trailer on you tube, hmmm pretty interesting. So I decided to check out the 1st episode, then the 2nd and the 3rd. Then suddenly I was miserable..why? I've been drugged. I wanna watch more of it. I have never seen Aaron Aziz quiet as what his character as Adam. I am not a sucker for Malay drama but somehow this one hit me like a tonnes of brick wall! For the 11 minutes trailer, please click here http://youtu.be/SXXpp_DNI4c (Credit to Astro and You Tube.)

I did not want to get my hopes high like what I experienced with Lagenda Budak Setan. I read all three books but when it turned into a movie a year later and soon after followed by a TV drama series it did not capture the sense of continuity as was in the novel. They chopped out so many important scenes and they alter the story line here and there. That's what I hated the most of novel turn into TV drama series.

It has been an expedition for me this past few days locating the right website which has all the 8 episodes aired so far. Phew, finally, alhamdulillah I found what I was looking for. For those who are following the drama, this is the best website to follow, http://www.ceritamaster.com/2012/08/adam-hawa-full-episod-movies.html (Credit to Cerita Master, Astro and You Tube)

Adam and Hawa adapted from a novel by Aisya Sofea published 2-3 years ago is a story of 20 year old Ain Hawani who met Adam Mukhriz or Am. Am who is a pilot, playboy and good looking fellow was head over heels with Ain. Ain who has bigger plans for her future try to resist the temptation but was caught in close proximity with Am. What disappoint her the most was Am's silence, and acceptance to the unfortunate incident. He did not make any attempt to explain that the incident could be a set up. Ain was at the wrong place and at the wrong time. Literally they were force into marriage to cover embarrassment to both families. Soon after, Ain received an offer to further her studies in Australia. She left her family, friends and so call husband, Am, behind....to be continued.

From what I read, the writer, Aisya Sofea hand picked the actors for the drama parts. I like that.  The writer would be the best person to select quality actor/actress that able to build, expand and appreciate each character.

This time, I have not read the novel but I was told the drama has been very consistent with the novel story line. The temptation is so strong for me that at times I wanna dash to the the bookstore to get a copy of the novel. Hey, 80 episodes, I don't think I have the patience. What's that,....5 half an hour episodes, 5 days a week, it will come up to 16 weeks,mmmmm......4 months? Oh no.....I must buy the book.

My favourite line in Adam dan Hawa:

Cikgu Zawiyah : "Abis madu sepah dibuang."
Am : Ada madu free pun belum tentu lebah ni nak tau! Lebah ni ada taste la."

Have a productive week a head guys.


No comments: