Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

On Loan for 43 years


I was sitting at the mamak stall this morning while waiting for my roti canai and teh tarik, thinking how my life have turn out.

Suddenly I get teary eyes, thinking for 43 years I have been put on loan to this world. And I am still serving my loan until the day comes when, HE said, "OK, you have paid you dues!" Sadly, I don't know when it will be. My birthday wish is to apply for a continuance to my existing loan....another 30 years, perhaps?

Naturally as a human, I would like to say I wanna live another hundred years which is impossible. But I take what I can get. God works in mysterious way. He spared 43 years of my life so that I can prove myself in every way possible. I make mistakes...sometimes I learn from it...and sometimes I keep repeating the same mistakes. I am human after all. What matters the most, the opportunity, HE gave me to bore and raise my kids, namely Shakira and Shakiel, which my biological mother never had the chance of raising hers.

On this special day of my birthday, I would like to also wish myself, a happy birthday! May Allah bless me and my family.....Amin.

No comments: