Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

You made Mommy Proud

Recently, I received a note from my daughter’s Kumon instructor.

It says Shakira have been inducted to ASR. ASR means Advanced Student Honor Roll which means she gets her picture on a paper made star, paste on the honor's roll wall. This is to recognize and further motivate her and other students as well at the center to do better at Kumon.

Her Level 2A result report stated she answered all 80 questions on her Maths correctly in 6 minutes (the standard time given was 10 minutes). Doesn’t that make any parents proud? Immediately I submitted a passport size photo of Shakira which I happened to carry around in my handbag to her instructor.

2 weeks later we saw her photo on the “ASR Stars” wall. Here is her photo.



I told this to an ex-colleague, Wendy Lim, in one of my e-mails to her….and she replied,

“It is the mother who should get the recognition for the time and effort put in. Sitting in with Shakira while she finishes her homework and shipping her back and forth to Kumon. You deserve the recognition!”

I was very touched by her statement. Thank you Wendy for your understanding.

No comments: