Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Mystery of Betty Boob

Let’s forget about the oil increase issue because as far I am concern it will be the end of the world if ever the oil prices go down by 80 cents. Dream on.

I rather talk about this female dog we name her Betty Boob who lives in front of our gate every night without fail.



If I’m not wrong, dalam Islam ada mengatakan malaikat (angels) tak masuk rumah yang ada anjing. But we don’t own a dog but kind of feel save with Betty around. She will bark to anything that moves especially other stray dogs to mark this territory is hers.

My neighbour, Uncle Jeffry, who himself own a male dog, told us that Betty has been around here for the past 2 years! Wow we were surprised with what was the mystery behind the relationship between our house and Betty Boob.

We would normally greet Betty in wee hours of the morning when I send off my hubby to the bus terminal. She acknowledged and will walk away but returns at night to her favourite spot, in front of our gate or lay down right in the middle of the road, without fail.

Sometimes I feel pity with Betty especially during heavy rainy nights…where she will start barking and sleeps outside there in wet and cold. Not much can we do as our religion limits our contact with dogs.

My hubby was telling that maybe Betty Boob had some puppies here (before we moved in) and perhaps her puppy did not live and that gives her reason not to leave this spot. Wow! dogs do have strong attachments too.

Whatever history, I hope one day I will crack Betty’s mystery.

No comments: