Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Reunion = Inferiority Complex Part 1

There are two types of people in my observation. The group which likes to meet people and the group which doesn't.

Well, I'm the latter group.

Now that another reunion from my primary school days are coming up this 24 January 2010, the butterflies starts hibernating again in my stomach. I dread reunions.

After almost 30 years, I gathered enough courage to meet up with several school friend last raya which I have lost contact since I left Parit in the early 80's. Thanked to Facebook who brought us all together.

Anyway, this post have been abandoned for about 2 weeks into 24 March reunion. And after a week of the reunion I am still stuck! I don't know how should I begin. There are so many things to write about.

Finally 24 Jan arrived. Was I nervous....damn right I was. Out of the lot I'll be meeting, 3 of whom I've reunited last raya will be there,too. I guess I just have to be myself, huh? As soon I'd arrived I didn't see any of them. Great, was I early? I placed a call to Nani (she contacted me a few days earlier) but a girl answered that her mom left her mobile at home. Hmmm? Called Jamilah and no answer. Than I sms Yong and glad to see her replies that they were already at Melting Pot. I walked in and saw a few unrecognizable faces. I headed directly to Jamilah and gave her a big hug. Nani was there. And there was Yong. We embraced and I saw Yong wiping off her tears soon after that. This reunion must have touched her deep. After hellos from the others I was introduced to Syed Muzawir, Zaida and Mior Hisham. Yes I still remember those faces.

Our class of 1980- Standard 6A.

1979 and 1980.....Those were the 2 primary years I spent in Parit. As you may recalled I was sent to continue with my schooling in Parit after the death of my mom. It was hard adjusting to a totally new environment. City girl became kampung girl - what can I say. Indeed I do get tease always being as 'the girl from KL' with my BM language slang whilst confident English speaker. That I was told by Nani. Hmmm I could barely remember that. I guess I do set a certain standard everywhere I go. Really. They remembered me as the quiet type but talkative and a happy go lucky girl.


As I sat there I very much try to observed each and everyone of them. In presence also was Ishamuddin, Jamilah and Nizar. How I missed those good old school days. So young and carefree.

Taken on 24 Jan 2010.


Let me begin with Jamilah....

In this picture - Jamilah (left) and Rosnani.

Milah ni suke merajuk and sikit2 nak report kat abng dia. Her brother and my uncle were friends when they studied in Liverpool, England. Macamla dia sorang je ada abang, Nani said...hahaha. Milah juga suka mencubit and I was also one of her victims. But soon after Secondary one, her family moved to Ipoh and we just lost contact. Until I found her in Facebook. I have been searching for all of my school friends and tripped upon Milah. How glad I was! Milah is now a secondary school teacher in Batu Gajah and currently pursuing her Masters in Literature at UM, part time. She drives down to KL in the weekends to attend her classes. I admire her determination. You go girl! I don't know how her hair looks now behind her tudung but it used to curled at shoulder length.

Rosnani pulak budak minang. She used to lived with her grandmother in a big yellow double storey wooden house. Sweet looking Nani, what we called her, has a mole on top of her upper lips. Long haired and very lanky for a 12 year old then. Now physically she has changed a lot but she is still the same Nani back in school. Nani is also a teacher and teaching in Bangi.


Zaida came with her daughter. This chinese looking girl was very reserved and quiet back then. She still looks the same and how had she maintained the looks for 30 years. I understood she just went through a divorce and working with HSBC credit card center. Zaida, tolong approve credit card untuk I, boleh? Platinum ya!

I told ya,this going to be long....to be continued.

No comments: