Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Come Away With Me....





I am free again tonight. Put the kids to bed and sat down in front this PC. Malam dah larut tiba-tiba je idea melambak-lambak keluar. Nak bukak topic baru...

Recently the whole family including my parents went for a family holiday in Cameron Highlands. We stayed at Equatorial Hotel. It was an enriching and family bonding trip. We drove up from Simpang Pulai and wow! the road was beautiful. Tapi we didn't see many cars on the way up. Maybe ramai yang masih guna jalan lama dari Tapah.

Seperti jakun-jakun lain..everytime we reach closer and closer to the top, I would put out my hand out of the car window. Nak rasa dah sejuk ke belum. Ha Ha HaSudahla...you all pun buat cam tu jugak!!!!

Anyway, it'll be good with the change of weather. A drastic change it was. Hari2 hujan and the sun only came out about an hour or two each day. Tapi sempatla jugak jalan-jalan and beli vegetables. Malam keluar makan steamboat or pergi pasar malam.

A short distance walk from where we were staying ialah tempat jual fresh vegetables. I walked down to enjoy the cold weather. 3 new things I've discovered while I was there.

1. Mushroom goreng - totally new. They used the oyster mushroom, costed it with batter mixture and deep fried it. Sedap! Tak boleh makan banyak nanti mabuk. My sister rasa pening2 malam tu.

2. Strawberry coated with chocolate dip - ehmmmm delicious. Bukan tak ada kat kl ni tapi it was smart of them to sell that up in CH.

3. Jagung mutiara - Pelik sungguk jagung ni..apa yang kahwin dgn apa, I am not so sure. Dalam setongkol jagung tu ada 2 warna. Warna kuning and warna putih. Yang putih tu la they call it mutiara atau pearl. Dah rebus sapu butter and salt....ooooo makan satu nak lagi. It was so sweet. Slurp! Slurp!

My advise is if you are considering to buy strawberries, please buy on the day of your departure. Otherwise if you keep too long (iala gile nampak strawberries konon nak bagi relatives ke neighbors)it'll get 'mushy' easily.

As for me, CH is consider remote in a sense that it is very, very far way up the top. Tapi HSBC boleh bukak branch kat situ! Banyak business dia orang agaknya. Brinchang and Tanah Rata busy dengan tourist. Merata2 especially from China yang naik tour bus.

It was really cold up there and I was seriously consider retiring there one day. Tak dapat tinggal kat Europe, CH pun ok la. Sejuk jugak. Lepak kat Bala Tea House and Scones, sipping tea, watch the world pass by. Long walks at the tea plantation. Life could be at ease. Tak bolah nak describe perasaan tu. Cuma layan je.....I can do that. Jangan ada landslide sudah, mati terkambusla I...

Somebody tapped my shoulder and suddenly I woke up from day dreaming...Potong stim je la you.....

No comments: